Personal Data Protection Policy for Customers / Prospective Customers
Malvest Group Sdn Bhd (we) value the personal data of our customers and prospective customers. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains the manner how we collect and handle your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
1. Collection and Source
We collect your personal data in the course of your dealings with us, Malvest Group Sdn Bhd and its subsidiaries, associates and/or members within our group of companies (collectively, referred to as “us”, “our” or “we” in this Personal Data Protection Policy), to enable us to enter into transactions with you or to communicate with you on the services and/or products related to our business.
2. Types of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may include, but is not limited to information concerning your name, age, identity card number, passport number, address, email address, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, income range, race and religious beliefs, contact information such as telephone, mobile and facsimile number, nationality, type of loans applied for in relation to the purchase of property, credit card or bank account information, medical information, and information of third parties such as your emergency contact person, tenant, authorised representatives, contractors, lawyers, and financiers.
3. Purpose of Processing
We process your Personal Data for, amongst others, including but not limited to following purposes:-
- the delivery to you of notices, information in connection with our current and future services or products, events, promotional events and contests by way of email, regular postal mail, telecommunication mean (telephone calls, SMS messages or social chat application);
- preparing and executing all necessary documents and agreements with you such as in relation to the sale and purchase transactions, and to carry out the obligations under the agreement, for our products, services, and/or properties;
- collection of outstanding payments;
- to maintain the customer record, administer and carry out our customer and prospective customer relationship management procedures;
- conducting marketing, client profiling and business development activities as well as market research and statistical analysis and customer surveys regarding our projects, products and/or services;
- complying with any legal or regulatory requirements and to make the necessary disclosures under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular and/or code which are applicable to us and for the prevention of crime;
- vacant possession, keys handover, property/estate management, customer care and/or defect rectification works; and/or
- post vacant possession services, such as club house services and security services.
The Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential. Nevertheless, we noted your consent granted to us for the following disclosures of the Personal Data by us to these classes of third parties which may be located within or outside Malaysia for reasons relating to the Purpose:
- any parties to whom we are under a legal requirement to disclose the Personal Data to by applicable law or in response to an authoritative body;
- public amenities and utilities providers;
- contractors and service providers, including but not limited to auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers, financial and professional advisers, lenders, insurance companies and property management companies;
- our subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and/or members within our group of companies;
- our joint venture and business partners; and/or
- the relevant landowner, Joint Management Body and/or management corporation.
5. Protection of Personal Data
We shall take all necessary precautions in term of administrative and technical aspects to safeguard your personal information against any loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alteration or destruction.
6. Consequences of Refusal or Failure to Supply
The refusal or failure to provide the Personal Data may result in the following:
- the inability of parties to formalize and/or carry out the relevant agreement or transaction in relation to the sale of our property, products and/or services; and/or
- the inability for us to provide you with the information, our products and/or services and obtaining your feedback on our products and/or services.
7. Right to Access and Correct of Personal Data
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us. You should notify us by providing the relevant and requisite confirmation and supporting information and documents if there any changes to your information. We will endeavour to ensure your accuracy of your personal data.
8. Consent from Third Party
In the event you have provided personal data of third parties (e.g. your emergency contact person, tenant, authorised representatives, contractors, lawyers, financiers) to us, we rely on you to have sufficiently obtained the prior consent of such third parties to allow us to process their personal data in relation to the Purpose.
9. Changes to Our Personal Data Protection Policy
We may, from time to time, need or be required to change our Personal Data Protection Policy to comply with or be consistent with changes in applicable law and regulations as well as our business operations or policies.